Stick when grab and shoot or post fade. Button from anywhere in close. Works for NBA 2K Coins me but it took a little practice. Is not it harder to select your layup if you utilize button? I've always fought with those controls and used stick for layups. I would LOVE to be shooting 40% but I am blessed if I can hit 20%. I only play offline. I understand we've scrub players at this time, and I am a below average player but badly even layups that are in the middle of the meter aren't going in. I don't even dare to try a jump shot. The AI seems to be ridiculous levels as well. I know they wish to reward ability in 2k21 however this type of stuff will truly put off casual gamers and people new the 2K franchise and brand new to basketball games.

I've been playing since 2K13 but I have never been that good of a player. My starter players have never played with this bad at 2k16,17,18,19 and 20. The only other 2K I played before 2K20 was 2K13 and which was on PC. I improved a hell of a lot in 2K20 to the point where I really could go as high as Superstar without using STS. However, this is a completely different level using a very different mechanic. I did ok in the demo and at the quickgames using the new shooting meter but can not hit the side of a barn .

Only played the demo, however, the stick was much more dependable than button for me. I've been a button man too. . . Genuinely shooting 2/16 in an offline triple hazard game on just layups and 1 open jumpshot that airballed on marginally early. Spent $100 for this bullshit lmao. Man the shooting is additional fine right now but that I would advise shot time like look for the que on the cartoon.

Yep I'm having trouble with it as well. Started a game on My team going 0/12 overlooking open 3s and midsize shots all around the place. I'm all for Cheap NBA 2K21 MT Coins them toning down shots being nearly automatic but the machine seems just a little bit too unforgiving so far. Hopefully will start to get better after a couple more matches of getting used to it. The game came out and we gotta brand new meter with slightly different time.